Sunday 1 May 2016

Nautical But Nice: 2 Ways to Wear a Striped Blouse

Thanks to global warming, the appearance of blue-and-white striped tops in the shops is now a more reliable sign of the imminence of spring than the blooming of the first daffodil. This year's crop looks a little different though - we're seeing less of the classic Breton, and a lot more of the tailoring, draping and ruffling...

I wasn't too sure at first - part-office pinstripe, part-deckchair upholstery? But you know me - I may knock something, but I'll always (eventually) try it. And, quelle surprise, it's already become my favourite spring staple.

Look One

White pencil skirt = the no-brainer "dress-it-up" option, but lace skater flats (a.k.a the latest contender for best summer shoe idea ever) give the look a casual (and comfortable!) vibe.

P1013339

P1013332

P1013341

P1013338

P1013345

P1013344
Top: Primark, Skirt: Boohoo (Past Season), Shoes: Tu at Sainsbury's

Look Two

Blue and white stripes + tan? Not a combination I'd have thought to put together if I hadn't been inspired by a shrewd street styler, but something about it just seems to work! 

P1013267

P1013276

P1013287

P1013285
Blouse: As Above, Skirt: Marks & Spencer (Past Season), Shoes: Topshop


For more bright (striped) ideas, check out my latest article for Yahoo! Style.


Join Me On:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramYouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment