Here are my Fashion Week-inspired resolutions for 2016...
1. Discover New Layers
|L-R: Topshop Unique; Fyodor Golan; Mother of Pearl; Simone Rocha|
2. Try the New High/Low
|L-R: Peter Pilotto; Mother of Pearl; Preen; Preen|
3. Ruffle Some Feathers
|L-R: Erdem; Mother of Pearl; Paul Smith; Huishan Zhang|
4. Pop Some (Statement) Collar...
|L-R: Burberry; J. JS Lee; Osman; Roksanda|
5. Jazz Up My Hosiery
|Clockwise from L: House of Holland; Osman; Mother of Pearl; Ryan Lo|
And 4 I Won't Be Trying At Home...
|Gareth Pugh; Ashish; Christopher Kane; Mother of Pearl|
2. Glittery pyjamas? Yes (please). Hair of Marge Simpson and Krusty the Clown's lovechild? No.
3. Bag-for-life-based millinery? Call me old school, but I think I'll be sticking to umbrellas for the time being.
4. Skirts-over-skirts? Intrigued. Skirts-over-trackies-over-socks-under-slippers? Baffled.
Need to Know: Your LFW Crib Notes
- The Hottest Colours: Olive Green, Yolk Yellow, Rose Pink
- The Greater Spotted Prints: Gingham, Houndstooth, Florals
- Most Referenced Decades: '60s, '70s (yes, I know), '80s
- Most Commonly Credited Concepts: Fading Beauty, High/Low
- Most Unexpected Trend: Corsets over everything...