Sunday 13 October 2013

DIY Embellished Shirt Collar

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, DIY, D.I.Y, D.I.Y., Primark, Embellished Shirt Collar, Striped, Stripe, Stripes, Stripy, Boyfriend, Pearl, Pearls, Roses, Rose, Floral, Flowers, eBay, Ideas

If you follow me on Twitter, or live within a 5 mile radius, you may have borne witness to my outrage and despair on discovering that my dentist's orange putty had permanently damaged the collar of my beloved stripy shirt. Yes, it was from Primark, but it had the most perfect tailback boyfriend-style cut I'd ever encountered, and you know how attached I am to my monochrome stripes! Copious quantities of stain remover and much time spent scrubbing eventually succeeded in removing most of the errant orange pigments, but also began to fade the stripes themselves! OK, the final result wasn't that bad, but, since I still seethed with anger every time I looked at it (I did reclaim the cost, plus a little extra to compensate for my extreme distress, but, since the shirts were sold out, I couldn't buy a replacement), there was only one thing for it - DIY!



Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, DIY, D.I.Y, D.I.Y., Primark, Embellished Shirt Collar, Striped, Stripe, Stripes, Stripy, Boyfriend, Pearl, Pearls, Roses, Rose, Floral, Flowers, eBay, Ideas

Yep, for the first time in nearly 2 years, I got out an actual needle and thread! I used the same eBay pearls and floral buttons as I did for my embellished sunglasses, but as they were actually intended to be used this time! I decided to go for an irregular cluster effect, polished off by 2 of the roses acting as "collar tips", and am rather pleased with the outcome... even if I did have to do some damage control on finding that I'd accidentally sewn the collar to the shirt on one side!! It adds an interesting feminine touch to the androgynous style, no?

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, DIY, D.I.Y, D.I.Y., Primark, Embellished Shirt Collar, Striped, Stripe, Stripes, Stripy, Boyfriend, Pearl, Pearls, Roses, Rose, Floral, Flowers, eBay, Ideas, Sheer, Pinstripe, Skinny Jeans, Polka Dot, White Shoes, Boohoo, Court


Shirt and Jeans: Both Primark, Shoes: Boohoo



Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

3 comments:

  1. I love that you sewed on the pearls instead of gluing them on .. it's a much better look!

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! It was so easy too, even for a needle-avoider like me (disregarding the collar-sewn-to-shirt faux pas!)

      Delete
  2. Amazing needle-work!
    Great idea adding the pearls. They make the shirt look lovely!

    ReplyDelete