Tuesday 17 September 2013

Skinny Denim Dungarees

Yep, I finally found a pair of denim dungarees that don't make me look like I've just been unpacked from a pink box emblazoned with "Painter/Decorator Barbie" - and they were designed for 13-year-olds! My third buy from New Look's 915 section in as many months, hot on the heels of my chambray crop top and disco jeans, I'll admit I did feel a tad silly walking into the changing room with these over my arm, but this was swiftly replaced by pride on my smug walk out (F.Y.I. - according to New Look's sizing charts, age 13 is almost identical to their adult size 8, and age 14 to size 10, so it's not so outlandish to be caught rifling through the kiddie clothes!).

The dark wash and skinny cut makes these a chic-er alternative for hourglass girls whose best assets are swamped and enlarged by slouchier versions (although nothing could ever take the place of my pinafore-style overalls, don't get me wrong!), whilst the more relaxed "bib" section retains the essence of effortlessness. On a practical level, they balance fit and comfort with the perfect level of stretch, and the adjustable straps are a godsend! I'm loving the pre-rolled turn-ups with heels and brogues now, but for winter I'll be unfurling and tucking them into boots - can just see them paired with a tartan shirt...



Dungarees: New Look (Teens) - Available Here, Top and Scarf: Both Primark, Shoes: Boohoo


AW13, Autumn Winter 2013, Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, Dungarees, Denim, Skinny, New Look, Teens, 915, Primark, Monochrome, Stripes, Crop Top, Blazer, Quiz, How to Wear, Styling Ideas, Outfit Ideas

AW13, Autumn Winter 2013, Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, Dungarees, Denim, Skinny, New Look, Teens, 915, White Shoes, Boohoo, Court Shoes, Monochrome, Stripes, Crop Top, Quiz, How to Wear, Styling Ideas, Outfit Ideas

Sam Muses, UK Fashion Blog, London Style Blogger, Dungarees, Denim, Skinny, New Look, Teens, 915, Primark, Monochrome, Stripes, Crop Top, Blazer, Quiz, How to Wear, Styling Ideas, Outfit Ideas, Boohoo, White Shoes, Court Shoes, AW13, Autumn Winter 2013
Dungarees: As Above, Crop Top: Quiz, Blazer: Primark, Shoes: Boohoo



Have you found your perfect A/W dungarees yet?



Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

4 comments: